TD portable: how do I logout or asked to login everytime?

TD portable: how do I logout or asked to login everytime?

Postby mioan » 19 Aug 2015, 09:47

I have TD portable to sync files on a USB stick.
I did not find an option to logoff or to have TD ask me for my password on every new run.

It is a security issue if the USB is able to automatically login to TD just by having anyone (not me) clicking on the TD.exe without any verification.
On the PC, as it runs under a protected account, this is not such a problem, but still it should have provided an option.

thanks
Mike.
mioan

Re: TD portable: how do I logout or asked to login everytime

Postby Kenneth » 19 Aug 2015, 14:20

It is not possible to log out of TeamDrive 4.

You can, however, protect the application with a password or PIN. This can be done from the protection menu on the settings screen. Each time the application is moved into the background it will be locked and you will need to enter the PIN or password to re-enter the application.
Kenneth

Re: TD portable: how do I logout or asked to login everytime

Postby mioan » 19 Aug 2015, 15:38

thanks.
Although I visit the application many times per day, the PIN lock is something.

The "Application protection" menu says "ON". This was the default, I did not touch it.
I was never asked for a password or PIN even when restarting the application.
Maybe the "ON" is not really ON? When I enter this menu I have only one prompt to enter my account password.
I hope the PIN you are talking about is a different number because my account password is too long to be typed every time.
( I am clicking the app while writing this )
So, after entering the account password I see that Protection mode is None.

Ok, now, I am back on route.
Thanks.

Mike
P.S. I must say that the menu label choices can be improved as they do not give an "information scent" of what is behind each menu.
mioan

Return to General Info, Support and Knowledge Base - Allegemeine Informationen, Support und Wissensdatenbank