Teamdrive is great, and that really bugs me!

Teamdrive is great, and that really bugs me!

Postby Falks » 23 Jul 2011, 19:47

Hi guys, let me start off by saying that I think TeamDrive is great, it does really work well, and so far it's one of a kind.

I found TeamDrive after searching the internet for HOURS after a "Dropbox" clone, what I wanted was the functionality of Dropbox (sync folders) and while there's a lot of solutions most of them required you to re-download the entire file after moving it / renaming it, that wasn't just an option for me.

TeamDrive is great, but what really bugs me is the 2GB limit on free accounts, even if you use your own server, I think you should remove this limitation, atleast for small groups, such as students, small groups of friends, this are people who will not pay a cent anyway, people who have been raised in an internet where nobody pays. Paying 7 dollar per month to be allowed to use their own server compared to paying 9 and getting Dropbox including a lot of storage and other useful features, I mean, I think it's just really hard to beat.

Business users and such will still have a incentive to pay as you will need the professional version for use in larger groups.

I'm not sure you are aware of this, but there are TONS of people looking for you RIGHT NOW, if you do a search for "dropbox clone" or "folder sync?" or ANYTHING like that, you will get millions of threads where people are looking for TeamDrive, but it's really hard today to find you, as far as I can see there are mostly German users on your forum, the lack of international users really shows that your advertising of this great software has failed.

I wish you the best of luck in the future, I hope you're willing to consider some of my suggestions. Also, i'd love to try out the full-blown version of TeamDrive and then maybe write a blog-post over (I got a pretty well visited blog)

Thanks for listening!
Falks

Re: Teamdrive is great, and that really bugs me!

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 25 Jul 2011, 16:05

Hi Falks, thanks for your kind feedback and your thoughts about our client limitations. We will think it over. We had totally free client when we started and it was largely misused by companies. Not paying, but asking for a lot of support.

We are happy to support you and other students with a free client. We are running frequently programs for free software on our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/teamdrive

For instance: Tell the world that you like TeamDrive on this comparison site and post a comment. Email us at info@teamdrive.com and you will get a free TeamDrive Personal Client for one year to honor your support: http://alternativeto.net/softw​are/teamdrive/

This promotion is up this summer.

If you write a qualified blog and include a backlink to our site you are up for a free TeamDrive Personal Server license.

Best Detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Feedback