2gb limit= der poopenschlitzen?

2gb limit= der poopenschlitzen?

Postby modulusman » 19 Feb 2013, 23:56

I have searched for an answer, and found a few snippets in german, but unfortunately I don't read german as well I as I would like. I have one quick question. Is the 2gb free client transfer limit a running all time total? or something that resets after a period of time? It seems to me that having to confirm every single transfer after using one space for just a little bit doesn't really get a feel for how the program works on a fully operational scale. However if it resets after some incident or period of time I could use it for a week or two and decide if it's going to fit my company's needs.

It does seem perfect for what I need, as I have employees working from different machines and editing documents that have no concept that their files are being synced remotely, and cannot seem to be bothered with confirming transfers and extra clicks into cloud folders. So, something like this software that runs in the background (or so seems to thus far) and keeps the files on the local network would be quite useful.

But if it kicks over after 2gb... what's the point in even trying to check it out? I'll have screams and complaint emails I'll have screams and complaint emails before the end of day 1...
modulusman

Re: 2gb limit= der poopenschlitzen?

Postby modulusman » 20 Feb 2013, 01:15

Perhaps I misinterpreted the 2gb limit? It's on the size of the "area" shared, and not on the amount of data transferred? Is this more accurate?
it would equate to only being able to share Xgb on whatever cloud service (dropbox, google drive, etc...)

I am surprised this software is not easier to find, and more readily available just because of what it offers even in it's free state. It is not difficult to set up or maintain, and seems to offer quite a bit of versatility and security as far as this type of software goes.
modulusman

Postby Kenneth » 20 Feb 2013, 17:32

The Free client has a 2GB client-side limit. The Free client also receives 2GB of storage space in our cloud.

Translation:
The free client can automatically sync a MAXIMUM of 2GB of data whether it be with the TeamDrive cloud or with another server you've connected your client to. Once the 2GB client-side limit is reached you must either remove your client-side limit by purchasing a license or delete data to make more space. The client-side limit can be lifted by purchasing a Personal or Professional client license. When the limit is lifted you will still have your 2GB storage allowance in the TeamDrive cloud but now your client can sync and UNLIMITED amount of data. This means that whatever storage amount the server you are connected to can provide, let's say you're connected to a server and your storage allowance is 50GB, your client can automatically sync that amount of data automatically.
Kenneth

Postby modulusman » 20 Feb 2013, 19:57

I'm actually using a server set up on our own network.

The thing that i don't understand... and pardon my ignorance... Is whether the limit applies to the amount of data transferred or the amount of data shared.
modulusman

Postby Kenneth » 21 Feb 2013, 15:22

Amount of data shared and being shared. That means, your 2GB limit will allow you to connect to a 10GB Space stored on your server (let's also assume you have not used any of your free 2GB of storage space in our cloud). But once the first 2GB have been synced, TeamDrive will discontinue syncing data. At that point you would need to delete data or purchase a license to lift the client-side limit.
Kenneth

Return to Feedback