Looking for some answers

Looking for some answers

Postby jurban » 21 Dec 2015, 17:09

HI there,
we are running Personal server + 5prof licenses (1.0.44) on our cloud server and most of clients are v3.3.1. Some of our users are reporting problems on iOS (some might have TD client v4.1). I have few questions regarding to some features, maintenance and upgrade topics. Anyone can help, especially from TD?

#what would be the best way to convert all clients to latest TD client version (4.1)?
#What I shall do prior to upgrade? (backup of server, ?)
#Can I manage users at the TD server?
#Can I take down a space at the TD server?
#Can I delete a space folder directly in TD data folder?
#Can I, as admin, force a space will be deleted from client hdd remotely?
#Can mixed client versions (3.3.1, 4.1) access the same space?
#Do you support user access management at least for folder level in some of your products?

FYI: I have already installed client v.4, but I quickly returned to v3 cause I did not like it and had bad user experience with newer version (e.g. not intuitive, too many steps to get somewhere). So I am not that keen to switch to v4, but for the sake of stability and getting rid of iOS issues I would give a try.

Thanks for any hint, regards, Jaroslav Urban
jurban

Re: Looking for some answers

Postby Kenneth » 22 Dec 2015, 15:58

Hi Jaroslav

#what would be the best way to convert all clients to latest TD client version (4.1)?
Download the latest version of TeamDrive from our website > quit TeamDrive > run the installer > restart the computer when the installer asks you to.
#What I shall do prior to upgrade? (backup of server, ?)
It's more of an update and not an upgrade. It simply installs right over the TeamDrive 3 client. Please make sure you're using at least a version 3.3.1 version of TeamDrive 3. Updating the clients have no effects on the server. You're more than welcome to back things up.
With the TDPS (TeamDrive Personal Server), no.
#Can I take down a space at the TD server?
This is of course possible but it is possible but we highly recommend not doing this. Since you host the server you are, of course, able to directly access the contents of the server itself. If you meant via some type of server management UI then, no, that's not possible.
#Can I delete a space folder directly in TD data folder?
Same answer as above. I think I interpreted the above question to be the same as this question.
#Can I, as admin, force a space will be deleted from client hdd remotely?
Yes. To do this you need to delete the user from the Space. Once the user regains connection to the internet, the user's client will receive the 'kick' message and be kicked from the Space. The Space and all its contents will be automatically deleted.
Yes. TD3 and 4 are compatible.
#Do you support user access management at least for folder level in some of your products?
I assume here you mean deeper than Space level. If so, that is unfortunately not supported. User rights are on a per Space basis only. Sorry.
Kenneth

Postby jurban » 22 Dec 2015, 17:46

hi Kenneth, thanks for your reply. I've got few more thoughts. thx, regards, Jaroslav

>> so is there any other product in your portfolio where it can be done?

Yes. TD3 and 4 are compatible.
>> I had problems with earlier 4.X versions, hope it is sorted. I will give a try.

#If I want to update our personal server to actual version. How to do it? Any know issues? (Our v1.0.44, latest v1.1.062)
#Is it possible to merge spaces from 2 personal servers? I presume just moving space from one server to another, does not do the magic.
jurban

Postby Kenneth » 23 Dec 2015, 13:12

>> so is there any other product in your portfolio where it can be done?
Enterprise host server

#If I want to update our personal server to actual version. How to do it? Any know issues? (Our v1.0.44, latest v1.1.062)
Updating the server is the same procedure as restoring the server. http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2937
#Is it possible to merge spaces from 2 personal servers? I presume just moving space from one server to another, does not do the magic.
No. This isn't possible. The data from one Space needs to be uploaded into the other. Please also keep in mind that everything on the server is encrypted. You can open the Spaces on the server and see. Merging two folders of encrypted files will most like not translate into non-encrypted files for the clients. Doing this may not cause a problem but you most likely won't be able to access the data.
Kenneth

Return to Feedback