SVN Tortoise repository isn't accessable to invited space

Use this forum to report bugs you find - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Fehler zu melden, die Sie finden

SVN Tortoise repository isn't accessable to invited space

Postby researcher » 09 Aug 2013, 10:15

Dear all,

to achieve a larger community I post in English.
After I created a tortoise svn repository on a first computer, I added this repo to space in the teamdrive client and invited myself. On a second computer I received this invitation. Despite that I confirmed and see the folder on my second computer, I can't access the repo on this computer. I don't think this a problem with tortoise svn. By applying svn tortoise in dropbox it worked quite well. On the first computer it also works quite well.

Anyone who has the same problem or has a solution?

Thanks in advance
S.
researcher

Re: SVN Tortoise repository isn't accessable to invited spac

Postby Kenneth » 09 Aug 2013, 14:20

Actually, we don't recommend storing your SVN repo inside a Space. TeamDrive and DropBox function differently. Conceptually they are very similar but they differ in functionality. It also may not be a good idea to store your SVN repo in DropBox either but that's up to you. We just wouldn't recommend it.
Kenneth

Postby researcher » 09 Aug 2013, 15:28

Hi Kenneth,

very impressing how fast a response is written.
Is the background that svn blows up the storaged data very fast. Are there other technical reasons why it is not recommended and especially do you know why svn doesn't work?

Best regards.
S.
researcher

Postby Kenneth » 12 Aug 2013, 14:19

The background is more technical. I don't think the storage would be a problem depending on how big your repo is. Your repo probably requires that data is constantly available and with TeamDrive different versions are available at different times depending on what's happening, what's in the cache, your settings, etc. With DropBox everything is usually constantly there, I think. With TeamDrive all pieces may not be constantly there at the same time until they need to be (i.e. you create a new version, move a file, delete a file, etc.). If all the files aren't available when the repo needs them then it probably won't update properly. Either way. We don't recommend storing your repo in a Space anyway.
Kenneth

Return to Bug Reports - Fehler Melden