Menue Estras > Synchronisation On/Off ambiguous

Use this forum to report bugs you find - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Fehler zu melden, die Sie finden

Menue Estras > Synchronisation On/Off ambiguous

Postby gebae » 28 May 2014, 13:50

It is not clear what Synchronisation Off in the menue means. Does it mean it is off or it is to turn it off? Anyway, I did not see any difference whether it showed on or off. In both cases sync continued, e.g. Activity messages were continuing to flow in.
I would choose a less confusing way in the menue: only "Sychronisation On" instead of On or Off but indicating whether the user chose On or not On by a tick in front of Sychronisation On - that's a conventions many other programs chose. Sticking with such a convention reduces the risk for confusion.
gebae

Re: Menue Estras > Synchronisation On/Off ambiguous

Postby Kenneth » 28 May 2014, 14:15

When you turn synchronization off you will see a big gray TeamDrive symbol in the background of the application when viewing the "Spaces" tab. This means that the synchronization is off. The green circle in the bottom right-hand corner of the TeamDrive window will also turn gray to symbolize that the synchronization is off.
Kenneth

Postby gebae » 28 May 2014, 15:07

Thanks for clarification. I noticed the green/gray circle but not the watermark on the space view because Activity view is the one relevant for me when I deal with synchronisation issues.

Anyway, TD's GUI is still too complex. For novice users it's too confusing (and I am not a novice, started using TD years ago). With TD3 GUI-wise not much improved compared to TD2. It is still much too technical. The GUI should be slimmed down to the bare essentials for the average user with optional views for the expert.
gebae

Postby Kenneth » 28 May 2014, 15:27

A new GUI is already in the works and we're planning to release it soon once it's been completed and tested. It will most likely be released this year.
Kenneth

Return to Bug Reports - Fehler Melden