Space allocation clearly larger compared to local copy

Use this forum to report bugs you find - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Fehler zu melden, die Sie finden

Space allocation clearly larger compared to local copy

Postby stho » 20 Jan 2015, 11:41

Hi,

I am trying to figure what's the reason that a certain single space dissipates 1.7GB according to teamdrive information while the local copy only allocates 200MB. The space is used by three members. It should be exactly a copy of that space, trash is empty.
Any hints are appreciated.
stho

Re: Space allocation clearly larger compared to local copy

Postby Kenneth » 20 Jan 2015, 15:07

Try emptying the Space's trash can. You've most likely deleted things from the Space but you haven't deleted these items from the server. Just expand the Space within the client and empty its trash.
Kenneth

Postby stho » 20 Jan 2015, 15:15

As I have written, the trash inside the client is empty.
stho

Postby Kenneth » 20 Jan 2015, 17:23

Sorry, didn't see that. How many Spaces total do you have? I will need your username as well.

Also, please click on the Space and then look in the window to the right "Space Information" and click "advanced". Look at the size of the Space. If you see a single number displayed in parenthesis then that is the size of the Space on the server. The number not in parenthesis is what is available locally on your hard drive. It may also be the case that everything in the Space is not locally available.
Kenneth

Postby stho » 21 Jan 2015, 10:57

Hi Kenneth,

I have two spaces in total, username is 'Stefan_teamdrive'
The size in paranthesis is 191,8MB while the webpage gives me the information that 1.7Gb are allocated and teamdrive informs me futher that I should upgrade my space.

Thanks in advance.
Stefan
stho

Postby Kenneth » 21 Jan 2015, 17:36

Ok. Your depot is full. Although you may have triggered a trash empty event, the event will not be processed because you do not have any Space on your depot. Once the depot is full TeamDrive will no longer sync events. This mean the event has most likely not yet been sent to the server. I have temporarily bumped your storage allowance up to 2.5 GB so the delete event can be processed. I will reduce it back to 2 GB on Friday.
Kenneth

Postby stho » 21 Jan 2015, 17:57

Dear Kenneth,

I appreciate your spontaneous support!
If I got you right the allocated space of mentioned space should have reduced from 1.7GB to 191MB at that moment you extended total depot volume to 2.5GB. The trash can of teamdrive client is already empty. Nevertheless the volume doesn't decrease to 191MB. I guess something else must be reasonable.
stho

Postby Kenneth » 22 Jan 2015, 13:11

That would be the case if the trash can was unable to be emptied. If the trash can is already empty then it sounds like you have some large file versions. Try deleting old versions of files. All versions are stored on the server and also occupy space on the server. The number in parenthesis, however, only counts the current versions of your files.

I can also see here on the server that the Space is roughly 1.7 GB.
Kenneth

Return to Bug Reports - Fehler Melden