user right types

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

user right types

Postby bwvittum » 03 Mar 2009, 20:28

i apologize if this question has been answered. A search did not turn anything up. Can somebody clarify the difference between a SuperUser and an Administrator? Thank you for your time and consideration.
bwvittum

Re: user right types

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 04 Mar 2009, 14:57

Hi Bwvittum,

the main difference between a superuser and an adminstrator is that the admin can delete the
space and kick members from a shared space. There are some more differences between those
profiles. In detail you can see them in the settings-panel. There is panel called "Permissions", where every
role and its rights are listed.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby bwvittum » 04 Mar 2009, 17:43

Thank you! now, is there a reason that a user has not gotten updated rights? ie. admin changed a user from read / write, to read only. this change is reflected is the admin's interface, but not in the user's. in fact, the user can still write. I just checked. Any thoughts?
bwvittum

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 04 Mar 2009, 18:12

Hi Bwvittum,

the change may take serveral minutes till its commited. But normaly the change has to
take effect. A User having only read rights is able to edit the file but it won't be synchronized
to the server. If the user has still read/write rights afer a while i would ask you to send the
logfiles of this user to support@teamdrive.net with a remark to this thread.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche