Logout

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

Logout

Postby amailer46 » 01 Nov 2011, 21:26

Hey,

how can I make TeamDrive log out from my account automatically?
and how can I log out manually?

thanks in advance,
amailer46
amailer46

Re: Logout

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 14 Dec 2011, 12:10

please describe the platform and the scenario which you want to excecute. we are currently working on our TeamDrive 3.0 release. may be we can implement something here.
currently TeamDrive quits on shut down and when you manually select "Quit TeamDrive".

-detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby broncop » 06 Jun 2012, 16:27

I guess amailer64 is looking for a way to log out within TeamDrive and login with another user. I'm looking for something similiar.

I have a few public workstation that are running a steady-stated MS Windows XP with a single user account. I want to install the TeamDrive client on these machines and let the users log into TeamDrive to access their files. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to log out of TeamDrive. Or am I missing something?

I would like to check in the new handbook but unfortunatly the download link is currently only showing an XML message from AmazonAWS.
broncop

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 07 Jun 2012, 09:59

We will check the handbook link.

The TeamDrive client setup is much more than just a login to the server. All the TeamDrive intelligence is in the local client and the users privileges are stored in the local database. The TeamDrive server only contains encrypted files and only an authenticated client knows how to access and decrypt the information.

That means that you cannot just login and access your files. The process in the backgroud is more complex. After login , each new client generates public and private encryption keys for the user on that device, it creates a local user database and that it can receive invitations to spaces, or the user can import his Space backup keys and download the Space information from the server.

If you have multipe TeamDrive Users on a PC, each user could install and run his own TeamDrive Portable installation. You can create an unlimited number of TeamDrive Portable Installations on a Windows PC. Each can be a different TeamDrive user. You can start and run only one TeamDrive client at a time.

- Detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche