Read only - not synching?

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

Read only - not synching?

Postby mel- » 01 Aug 2013, 08:56

I have some layered tif (pic files) that I share with two employees.

I want them to be able to synch the folder and use them in photoshop on their computers but I don't want them to be able to write on top of the master file in the synched folder (I don't want them to overwrite these master files).

read only permissions did allow them to download and synch and when I tested and saved one of the master files it did not upload and overwrite the master on mine or any other account

however, I want it to resynch with the original file when they accidentally do this. I do NOT want that edited file to stay in their shared folder. these are master files for them to use as templates, they cannot be changed. only used to create new files that are saved elsewhere.

am I doing something wrong? I went to Extras and Check for Remote changes and still it does not revert back to the master file.

I have tried about half a dozen different synch services now and they either can't synch correctly or they make the computer loaded with photoshop run so slow that it is impossible to get any work done. Its beginning to look like a search for the holy grail of cloud storage

thank you.
mel-

Re: Read only - not synching?

Postby Kenneth » 01 Aug 2013, 14:17

http://www.teamdrive.com/node/670
Kenneth

Re: Read only - not synching?

Postby mel- » 02 Aug 2013, 07:54

thanks so much for that, kenneth !
mel-

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche