Display Speed and Number of files to transfer

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

Display Speed and Number of files to transfer

Postby petro » 27 Dec 2013, 13:25

Hello,

it would be nice to have an information about how many files are to be uploaded/downloaded, the current transfer speed, and the estimated time to complete the process.

Such information might be easily displayed as a tooltip when the user hovers the mouse on the icon in the systray, and in the main application window.

I am finding this feature useful with other cloud storage/backup solutions, and I think such a feature would be useful to many.

What do you think?
petro

Re: Display Speed and Number of files to transfer

Postby Kenneth » 13 Jan 2014, 14:55

The upload/download sections at the bottom-right of the window show you how many events are currently being processed. If you click on the activity tab you can see what percent of the file has been downloaded and how much is left to be downloaded.
Kenneth

Postby petro » 13 Jan 2014, 21:18

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you.

I know I can see the % for each file, but it would be interesting to know how long the entire sync process will take (e.g. how many MB/GB are left, and what the current transfer speed is), from the tray icon, or at least the program status bar.

At the moment I have to look at the list of pending files from the activity tab, select each one to see how big it is, and try to guess the total. Pretty laborious and unprecise, in my opinion.

Take it as a suggestion, if you want.

Thanks,
Maurizio
petro

Postby Kenneth » 14 Jan 2014, 15:33

Okay. I understand what you mean. Thank you for the feedback. I will communicate this feature request to our developers.
Kenneth

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche