Change local path of Space & Archive

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

Change local path of Space & Archive

Postby MatRoss » 04 Jun 2009, 11:27

I have changed in the Settings the local path for Space & Archive. How can I now change the path of my already existing Spaces. I need to do this, because I first set the local path to a server drive, which I have very limited resources in terms of space. Therefore I want to change it to a better location.
MatRoss

Re: Change local path of Space & Archive

Postby svenn » 04 Jun 2009, 20:36

You will have to move the space manually to a new local filesystem path (or the new default "TeamDrive Spaces" folder after your change of the settings).
To do this, please shutdown TeamDrive first, then move the space folder. Pay attention that this is done properly in your filesystem. When you restart TeamDrive, you will be asked for all missing spaces what to do.
Choose between these 3 options:
1) Re-connect the space to the new local filesystem path (just navigate to the new space location using the dialog via "Select new path")
2) Ignore this space (all actions will be disabled for this space and you will get asked the next time teamdrive starts up)
3) Delete the space locally (usefull if the space is damaged or lost in the filesystem)

find_space_dialog.JPG

Please Note: moving spaces to longer filesystem paths can cause trouble when reaching the maximum path length of the filesystem. Assure to keep the longest absolute path of files and folders in spaces in the filesystem shorter than 250 characters in size and all paths inside a space shorter than 240 Character in size relative to the space folder root not to run into troubles !!

By the way:

If you restore a space (via context-emue option "Restore Space") you can choose the location the space will be reconstructed (but remember: this is a time consuming action depending of the size of the space and should be only used if something is wrong with your space).

restore_space_dialog.JPG
restore_space_dialog.JPG (20.21 KiB) Viewed 18128 times

Kind regards
Sven Nowak
svenn

Postby MatRoss » 05 Jun 2009, 07:38

Thanks a lot it worked perfectly fine
MatRoss

Postby Herbert » 13 Mar 2010, 19:43

The steps above do not work for me. I stopped TeamDrive, moved the "TeamDrive Spaces" folder, but when I reopen TeamDrive I am NOT asked what to do. I still see the files within the spaces but cannot open them. In "Details" Status is shown as "Filesys error".
I tried "Datei - Space wieder beitreten" (sorry, my TeamDrive is German, must be something like "File - Reconnect Space") I can select the .pss file. The attached dialog is shown, "Pfad ändern" ("Change path") opens a file dialog, but selecting the path where I moved my spaces displays the error message "Der Space existiert bereits" ("Space already exists")
When I move my TeamDrive Spaces back to the previous path, my TeamDrive is OK again - but no path changed.
Any idea what I missed?
Attachments
Space_erneut_beitreten.gif
Herbert

Postby Florian Grothe » 15 Mar 2010, 14:11

Hi Herbert,

what you are describing sounds like TeamDrive wasn't properly shutdown before moving the space. Use the taskmanager to verify that the processes "TeamDrive2.exe" and "TeamDrive2Database.exe" are shutdown.
Then it should work as described before.

BG

Florian
Florian Grothe
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby Herbert » 17 Mar 2010, 01:27

Hi Florian, thanks for the advice.
I tried again, checked that the processes you specified are closed (it takes some time, 20 sec, half a minute or so). started again, the same result.
Don't know if this might be important:
- I'm not admin (could be if necessary) but restricted user
- "my documents" ("eigene Dateien") is not "%userprofile%\eigeneDateien" but moved to E:\Herbert
- old TeamDriveSpaces path was E:\Herbert\TeamDriveSpaces (I intentionally removed the blank from the proposed default path)
- new desired TeamDriveSpaces path shall be E:\TeamDriveSpaces
- I already tried: logged in as admin, added my restricted user to all the files within TeamDriveSpaces folder and allowed "full access" (Vollzugriff) for the restricted user, this did also not help
- I'm running windows XP Professional
btw: probably you are German like me, should we switch to German?
Herbert

Postby Herbert » 23 Mar 2010, 19:54

Changed the user rights to "Admin" - no change
Can anybody from TeamDrive team please help - I really need to move my spaces!
Herbert

Postby Florian Grothe » 24 Mar 2010, 18:35

Hi Herbert,
Have you tried to install the newest beta release from our website??
I suggest you download the newest one here.

Then again "the same procedure as every year James":

• shutdown teamdrive, verify if all td-threads are closed.
  • move the space to the new location. Renaming is also possible. Moving the space to another volume is not possible.
  • restart TeamDrive
  • TeamDrive should be aware of the "missing" spaces and ask you what to do.
  • Select "reconnect space"
  • Choose new location/name of the space

If it still does not work, please send us the logfiles by using "send logfiles" from the helpmenu in the TD-Explorer.

Cheers,
Florian
Florian Grothe
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche