Request: Display Username in WebDAV Info on Space

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

Request: Display Username in WebDAV Info on Space

Postby JaHa » 09 Sep 2009, 00:56

Suppose I have two WebDAV accounts one server. For example, I could have two accounts at GMX.
When I click a SharedSpace in the Explorer View and open the "Details", I want to know which of my accounts is used for that space. I can't see that right now. One just sees the URL which is the same in the case of gmx. One work-around is to use different base-directories for every account so one can identify them via the directory's name. But just displaying the username would be better. Or the name of the WebDAV account could be displayed (the one that is chosen when the WebDAV space is introduced to TeamDrive).

Moreover: Isn't there a chance to get a feedback from a generic WebDAV space how much space there is left on it? That would be great.
JaHa

Re: Request: Display Username in WebDAV Info on Space

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 10 Sep 2009, 10:23

Hi Jaha,

we will think about a solution for this problem. Maybe we can add some meta info for the
spaces.
There is a chance to get feedback from WebDAV servers about traffic and space state, especially
GMX makes a good job with those informations. The problem is that most of the WebDAV servers
don't support this feature. So it doesn't make much sense to implement this feature. It would be difficult
to explain why some WebDAV spaces have those states and some not. And those which support this
feature don't do it in the same way which means a lot of individual adaptations. So we made a general cut.
Maybe we will reconsider this but its not planned for the next time.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche