How do you prune old revisions?

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

How do you prune old revisions?

Postby erkorb » 16 Feb 2009, 18:44

I trying to figure out how to prune (delete) older versions of documents. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric
erkorb

Re: How do you prune old revisions?

Postby volkeroboda » 16 Feb 2009, 20:57

Hi Eric,

in the moment it is only possible to delete a file with all versions. In a short time we will allow to delete also versions of a file and it will be possible to adjust how many versions you like to hold on your PC.

Volker
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby erkorb » 18 Feb 2009, 01:29

I would also like to control the way "intermediate" saves are handled. For instance, I often Save a document while I'm composing so I don't lose my work. I noticed that TeamDrive is making a revision everytime I Save.

I would also like put Outlook PST files in my folders, I noticed that didn't work tool well because of the constant updating.

Any thoughts?

Eric
erkorb

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 18 Feb 2009, 11:04

Hi Eric,

normaly TeamDrive just creates new versions of a file when the editor ist closed, not when the
document is saved. What editior do you use?
TeamDrive should not be used to synchronize Outlook PST files. As you wrote Outlook permanently
changes those files so TD is forced to make permanent new versions. Maybe we will offer a manual
checkin in the future for this files but its not on our roadmap for the next quarters.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby erkorb » 18 Feb 2009, 16:36

I'm using Notepad++

Also, having the ability to use turn off revisioning for files (like PSTs) would be great.

Lastly, I'd like to be able to mount folders at drive letter for programs that use UNC.

I've been testing a product called Webdrive from http://www.southrivertech.com/ with some great results. If you'd like to review the +/-'s with me let me know. Bottom line: Combine the two offerings in 1 product and you have a great solution.

Eric
erkorb

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 19 Feb 2009, 19:49

Hi Erkorb,

we rely on the mechanism that if a file is opened in an editor we can't get an exclusive lock on the file.
In youre case the editor seems not to hold a handle on the file. There are two possible workarounds with
the current version:
- change, if possible the settings of the editor in having a lock on opened files
- stop teamdrive. After the startup TD scanns the spaces and will sync your changes as one version

We will offer some filters for later versions which will allow you to define the creation of versions and defining
which kind of files are excluded from the synchronization.
It would be nice if you would send us your review. We are always interested in making our software a little bit better :)

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby Herb » 30 Mar 2009, 16:47

Bump

Any news about the deletion of versions? They pile up pretty fast when you work with a number of people on one File.
Herb

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 01 Apr 2009, 09:32

Hi Herb,

still nothing new :( We are working on the extended versioncontrol but it will still take
some time.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby StephanP » 13 Aug 2009, 18:54

Hi,

in this context I would also love to see the option to completely turn off versioning altogether for a particular space...

All the best,

Stephan
StephanP

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche