Force refresh of Space

Force refresh of Space

Postby m2oswald » 05 May 2015, 18:52

Is there a way to force a refresh of the cloud space? If my coworker saves a new file to his local space we can see that the information is uploaded to the server right (and is shown in the Activities tab). However, it takes a long time for that Activity to show up when I check on my computer. In fact, I often have to restart my computer in order to force it to see the updated files. I have a Window 7 machine and am using TeamDrive 4.

Thank you for your help.

Michael
m2oswald

Re: Force refresh of Space

Postby Kenneth » 06 May 2015, 13:30

You can click and hold in the TeamDrive window and drag down or you can restart the application. You may not be receiving updates due to issues with your Internet connection.
Kenneth

Postby m2oswald » 22 May 2015, 19:20

Hi Kenneth. We're still having this problem, and it's getting more frustrating. We are now evaluating the software with a different computer, Windows 8 instead of Windows 7 this time, but the same issue. Sometimes it synchronizes, sometimes not. Right now it has not downloaded anything since Monday (today is Friday). When I go to Activities it says 616 downloading and the icon (with the arrows) is spinning. But it's not actually downloading anything. When I first start the client and list all the files, the blue progress bars start to move for the first set of files indicating that it's actually downloading. But the bars stop moving at about 50% and that's it. I've left it like this overnight but no change. The arrow icon continues to spin.

I've restarted TeamDrive many times (including killing it in the Task Manager). I've rebooted Windows many times. I've unchecked the Read-Only attribute in the Spaces Folder (and applied to all subfolders) many times, as I've found that sometimes this kick-starts the activity. I've completely run out of ideas. Is there perhaps a log file or something that I could look at, to see what is going on?

This isn't a problem on 3 other computers - they are working great. So I'm sure it's a setting within this computer, I just can't figure out what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Michael
m2oswald

Postby Kenneth » 26 May 2015, 12:22

Hi Michael,

I would need a few more details to better assist you. You can find the log file in the appdata/roaming directory (Windows Exploer> type '%appdata%' > TeamDrive 3 > log).

Please do not manually kill the TeamDrive application, this eventually leads to the database becoming corrupt.

Which version of TeamDrive 4 are you using?
What user rights does the user have in the Space? You mentioned something about read-only.
Are there any missing files or folders in the Spaces? To find out, open the search function and then click on the magnifying glass a second time to bring up the filters. Select the option "missing files or versions". If any files show up here, deactivate their offline availability.
Kenneth

Postby m2oswald » 26 May 2015, 18:58

Thanks for your help Kenneth. I checked the log file and there are a whole lot of "HostNotFoundError" messages. If you give me an email address, I can send you the file for review.

In response to your other questions:
We are running TeamDrive version 4.0.7 Build 1203
The user has read/write privileges (the read-only question was regarding a specific file)
I'm not sure about missing files - how do I access the search function?

Thanks again for your help.

Michael
m2oswald

Postby Kenneth » 27 May 2015, 10:34

HostNotFound means it cannot find, or connect to, the server where the data is hosted. This explains why they user's Space is not getting updated. To send logs go to the settings page and select 'support'. From there you can send us the logs via the client. In the description please just make reference or link this forum post. This will help our developers have an idea of what the issue is. Without a description they won't really know where they should begin looking.
Kenneth

Postby m2oswald » 27 May 2015, 19:12

Thanks Kenneth, I appreciate your help. I've sent a support request with the log file attached.

Michael
m2oswald

Postby m2oswald » 28 May 2015, 20:21

Hi Kenneth. Just wondering if you've gotten any feedback from the developers yet. If you need any more information, please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Michael
m2oswald

Postby Kenneth » 29 May 2015, 13:31

I haven't heard anything and I searched for tickets using your username and e-mail address and only found one from May 8. Please send the logs again.
Kenneth

Postby m2oswald » 29 May 2015, 17:38

Sorry Kenneth, I apologize for the confusion. I was actually sending the log from my co-workers laptop because that's where the error is occurring. His username is tchhoeun, and his email address is tchhoeun@renosubsystems.com.

Michael
m2oswald

Next

Return to Desktop Client - Desktop-Client (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)