License choice

Questions and information regarding licenses account management and the TeamDrive online shop - Fragen und Informationen zu Lizenzen, Accountverwaltung und zum TeamDrive Online-Shop

License choice

Postby mudderkage » 27 Sep 2012, 07:53

Hi,

I am currently using the free client, but I am looking to upgrade.
I need a little help to understand the licenses.

"Hosted Cloud Storage included (TeamDrive Cloud)" must be data our TeamDrive servers in the cloud.
"Client side limitations" must be the data on my local pc?

If I buy Personal or Professional license with "Client side limitations = unlimited", then I can have i.e. 40 Gb data on my local drive.
"Hosted Cloud Storage included" is still only 2 Gb.
What data will be synchronized?

Best regards
Jan
mudderkage

Re: License choice

Postby mudderkage » 27 Sep 2012, 08:25

I also do not understand the "Monthly Traffic Quota".
What happens when the quota is used?
Can the the quota be expanded?
mudderkage

Postby Kenneth » 27 Sep 2012, 14:21

"Hosted Cloud Storage included (TeamDrive Cloud)" must be data our TeamDrive servers in the cloud.

This is the amount of free storage you are able to use within the TeamDrive storage cloud. Storage space can be expanded. If your TeamDrive Personal or Professional Client is connected to another cloud storage sever your client can sync however much data you have available to you on that server.

"Client side limitations" must be the data on my local pc?

This is the amount of data the client itself is able to sync. With the free version there is a client-side limit of 2GB. That means that no matter how big your storage cloud is (let's say it's 100GB) you client cannot auto-sync beyond 2GB. After the client reaches 2GB you will have to manually sync all files. With the Pro and Personal versions there is no client-side sync limit.

If I buy Personal or Professional license with "Client side limitations = unlimited", then I can have i.e. 40 Gb data on my local drive.
"Hosted Cloud Storage included" is still only 2 Gb.

You can have 40GB or more in your Space folders. You can have however much data you desire on your local drive. The data you sync with your Spaces in TeamDrive is the amount that matters. Free hosted cloud storage is still only 2GB. You would have to expand your storage limit or connect your client to a different server.
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » 27 Sep 2012, 14:41

mudderkage wrote:I also do not understand the "Monthly Traffic Quota".
What happens when the quota is used?
Can the the quota be expanded?

The monthly traffic quota is the amount of traffic you are allowed to use per month. It is usually 10x the amount of your TeamDrive Cloud storage limit. The quota can be expanded upon your request. Traffic is used when you, or anyone else you have invited into your Spaces, sync data with the server. If you add things to a folder and sync it with your TeamDrive client you have on your second computer, it uses traffic. If you have also invited 3 people to the Space folder, it uses traffic when it syncs with all of their clients. The traffic limit resets every month. In most cases, the traffic limit is not usually reached. But as I said, it can be expanded upon your request.

If you are connected to a server other than the TeamDrive server the traffic limitations are dependent upon that server.
Kenneth

Postby mudderkage » 27 Sep 2012, 16:17

Last edited by mudderkage on 27 Sep 2012, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
mudderkage

Postby mudderkage » 27 Sep 2012, 16:18

Kenneth wrote:The monthly traffic quota is the amount of traffic you are allowed to use per month. It is usually 10x the amount of your TeamDrive Cloud storage limit. The quota can be expanded upon your request. Traffic is used when you, or anyone else you have invited into your Spaces, sync data with the server. If you add things to a folder and sync it with your TeamDrive client you have on your second computer, it uses traffic. If you have also invited 3 people to the Space folder, it uses traffic when it syncs with all of their clients. The traffic limit resets every month. In most cases, the traffic limit is not usually reached. But as I said, it can be expanded upon your request.

If you are connected to a server other than the TeamDrive server the traffic limitations are dependent upon that server.

Ok thanks,
Still don't know what happens when the quota is used, but I'll just cross my fingers and hope it doesn't happen. ;)

Best regards
Jan
mudderkage

Postby Kenneth » 27 Sep 2012, 16:24

mudderkage wrote:
Ok thanks,
Still don't know what happens when the quota is used, but I'll just cross my fingers and hope it doesn't happen. ;)

Best regards
Jan

When the quota is reached data transfer is no longer possible until the quota resets at the end of the month. Sorry, I forgot to include that in the original message about the traffic limit
Kenneth

Postby mudderkage » 27 Sep 2012, 22:11

Kenneth wrote:This is the amount of free storage you are able to use within the TeamDrive storage cloud. Storage space can be expanded. If your TeamDrive Personal or Professional Client is connected to another cloud storage sever your client can sync however much data you have available to you on that server.

Thanks a lot.
Now I think I understand the license program.

I like the synchronization speed and the security.
Not really sure about the client interface, but I could probably get used to it.

Unfortunately the storage is extremely expensive.
I am used to having 100 Gb at DropBox for $100 per year.
When Google Drive gets a little more stable, I can get 100 Gb for $50 per year.
With TeamDrive I can get 10Gb for €90 or 100Gb for €330 per year. :-(

I am looking for the arguments that makes TeamDrive worth 3-7 times the competition.

Best regards
Jan
mudderkage

Postby Kenneth » 28 Sep 2012, 11:24

Simply put, data security.

TeamDrive can also be used with WebDAV servers. This could possibly be a better option for your needs.
Kenneth

Postby mudderkage » 28 Sep 2012, 18:53

Kenneth wrote:Simply put, data security.

Thanks again, but...
BoxCryptor can give me the security for free.

I'll check the possibilities for an private TeamDrive server.
mudderkage

Next

Return to TeamDrive Online Shop - TeamDrive Online-Shop