Some questions regarding TeamDrive licensing and features

Some questions regarding TeamDrive licensing and features

Postby JWLim » 27 Mar 2014, 06:25

My organization would like to use TeamDrive to sync files from our branches back to HQ. Specifically, we have about 100 branches and data needs to be sent to/from HQ in real-time, whenever there are changes. To do this, we will have a folder set up for each branch on the HQ computer, and each branch will have a computer with its own TeamDrive client installed. Each branch will only sync files from their respective folders (e.g. Branch A syncs from the BranchA folder and cannot sync files from folders belonging to other branches).The data sent to/from each branch would amount to around 150-300MB, and the files are deleted once they have been read/processed.

My questions are as follows:
1. Does TeamDrive support this kind of file-syncing? Can it sync in real-time, and can it support syncing only specific folders from the HQ client for each branch?
2. If TeamDrive does support this, how many licenses do we need to order? Since each branch only syncs 150-300MB, they will use less than 2GB of the client-side limit. Only the HQ client will require more than 2GB (probably will need 10-20GB). In this case, do we only need to order one Personal/Business license for the HQ client, or must we still order one license for each client? Can each branch use Free clients, and upgrade only if it needs more than 2GB?
3. Assuming we use the TeamDrive's Cloud Server, will the synchronization be stopped/disabled once the HQ client exceeds 2GB of files? Or will it just fail to sync the files to cloud, but can still sync with other clients?

Thank you in advance for your reply. Please let me know if you need clarifications.
Last edited by JWLim on 27 Mar 2014, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
JWLim
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Mar 2014, 06:08

Re: How many licenses do I need to order?

Postby JWLim » 27 Mar 2014, 06:30

Additionally, does TeamDrive support resuming if the network goes down while syncing? E.g. Branch A is uploading/syncing a 50MB file, and suddenly the internet connection is lost. Will the syncing be automatically resumed when internet connection is restored, or will the file have to be re-uploaded from scratch?
JWLim
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Mar 2014, 06:08

Re: Some questions regarding TeamDrive licensing and feature

Postby Kenneth » 07 Apr 2014, 15:32

JWLim wrote:My organization would like to use TeamDrive to sync files from our branches back to HQ. Specifically, we have about 100 branches and data needs to be sent to/from HQ in real-time, whenever there are changes. To do this, we will have a folder set up for each branch on the HQ computer, and each branch will have a computer with its own TeamDrive client installed. Each branch will only sync files from their respective folders (e.g. Branch A syncs from the BranchA folder and cannot sync files from folders belonging to other branches).The data sent to/from each branch would amount to around 150-300MB, and the files are deleted once they have been read/processed.

My questions are as follows:
1. Does TeamDrive support this kind of file-syncing? Can it sync in real-time, and can it support syncing only specific folders from the HQ client for each branch?
2. If TeamDrive does support this, how many licenses do we need to order? Since each branch only syncs 150-300MB, they will use less than 2GB of the client-side limit. Only the HQ client will require more than 2GB (probably will need 10-20GB). In this case, do we only need to order one Personal/Business license for the HQ client, or must we still order one license for each client? Can each branch use Free clients, and upgrade only if it needs more than 2GB?
3. Assuming we use the TeamDrive's Cloud Server, will the synchronization be stopped/disabled once the HQ client exceeds 2GB of files? Or will it just fail to sync the files to cloud, but can still sync with other clients?

Thank you in advance for your reply. Please let me know if you need clarifications.
1.TeamDrive Syncs data inside Space folders you create. Data located in Space folders will be synced. TeamDrive sync files a few moments after changes have been saved. If the application your are using uses file-locking, TD will not sync the file until it is closed.

2. Licenses are user based, not client-based. If a user plans to sync more than 2 GB of data then that user needs a paid license. If only the HQ computer will sync more than 2 GB then it will need a license.

3. Yes. Once the user's depot is full TeamDrive will no longer sync until more Space is available. The username for the HQ computer will need to purchase more Space on the server. It is also possible to host the data yourself using our TeamDrive Personal Server.
Kenneth
 
Posts: 897
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 15:11

Re: How many licenses do I need to order?

Postby Kenneth » 07 Apr 2014, 15:32

JWLim wrote:Additionally, does TeamDrive support resuming if the network goes down while syncing? E.g. Branch A is uploading/syncing a 50MB file, and suddenly the internet connection is lost. Will the syncing be automatically resumed when internet connection is restored, or will the file have to be re-uploaded from scratch?
Yes
Kenneth
 
Posts: 897
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 15:11

Re: Some questions regarding TeamDrive licensing and feature

Postby Aralos » 02 May 2017, 10:39

My organizaton has 15 client licenses.

We would like to upgrade 2 clients to 10GB storage.

Is it possible?
Aralos
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Mar 2017, 09:41

Re: Some questions regarding TeamDrive licensing and feature

Postby Kenneth » 02 May 2017, 11:45

Do these two users individually need 10 GB of storage each or would it be enough to add 20 GB to the main account and give the two users permission to create Spaces using the main account's storage depot?
Kenneth
 
Posts: 897
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 15:11

Re: Some questions regarding TeamDrive licensing and feature

Postby Aralos » 02 May 2017, 12:27

Kenneth wrote:Do these two users individually need 10 GB of storage each or would it be enough to add 20 GB to the main account and give the two users permission to create Spaces using the main account's storage depot?


Thank Keneeth, could you show me how give permission to use the main account storage?
Aralos
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Mar 2017, 09:41

Re: Some questions regarding TeamDrive licensing and feature

Postby Kenneth » 03 May 2017, 08:41

When you log in with the main account on shop.teamdrive.com you can see how much storage the user has on their depot (manage > products). From there you can add users to the depot's list. They will then be able to create Spaces using that depot. When the users use the function "create Space" in the client they should then be able to select one of two storage depots to store the Space on. They should have the choice of their default depot and the new depot you added them too.
Kenneth
 
Posts: 897
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 15:11


Return to TeamDrive Registration

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron