Trying to understand the licensing.

Questions and information regarding licenses account management and the TeamDrive online shop - Fragen und Informationen zu Lizenzen, Accountverwaltung und zum TeamDrive Online-Shop

Trying to understand the licensing.

Postby strandvaskeren » 31 Mar 2013, 11:48

I'm trying to figure out how your licensing works.

Currently I have:
1 desktop pc running windows xp with the TDFree client installed.
1 laptop running ubuntu with the TDFree client installed.
1 windows home server 2011 with the free TDPS software installed.

Both the desktop and the laptop TD3 clients are using the same account name. I'm the only person using the computers.

If I pay €29.99 for a TD Personal license, will I be able to upgrade both my desktop and my laptop to a TD Personal client since both use the same account name or only one of them?

If I install dualboot on my desktop so I can start it in windows xp or ubuntu, do I need to buy two €29.99 licenses if I want TD Personal on both the windows and the ubuntu boot or will one be enough since it's the same account name and the same computer?

If I want the unlimited experience, do I need to pay €99.99 for the TDPS unlimited server software, €29.99 for TD Personal for my laptop, €29.99 for the windows boot on my desktop and €29.99 for the ubuntu boot on my desktop? Or can I pay the €99.99 for the server software and €29.99 for a single copy of the client software and then use the client software on both computers?
strandvaskeren

Re: Trying to understand the licensing.

Postby Kenneth » 02 Apr 2013, 17:18

Each TeamDrive username can have as many installations as it chooses. You can have 5 computers with one account, that's up to you. That's something we do not limit. So you would need one license and then it will be activated on all of your other installations automatically.

To your final statement: You would just need to get a server license and a client license. The software for the clients are the same. The licenses unlock different features in the clients, for example the ability to sync more than 2 GB of data. Again, each TeamDrive user can have as many installations with a single username as they require.
Kenneth

Re: Trying to understand the licensing.

Postby strandvaskeren » 02 Apr 2013, 17:30

Super, thanks.
strandvaskeren

Return to TeamDrive Online Shop - TeamDrive Online-Shop