conflicts + files stuck in queue

Use this forum to give feedback about the user interface - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Feedback über die Benutzeroberfläche zu geben

conflicts + files stuck in queue

Postby santo » 17 Mar 2009, 12:45

I regularly receive a system tray notification indicating that there was a conflict detected with some file.
But how do I resolve such a conflict ?
Also the GUI doesn't have any (visual) indication about the conflicting file (only the tray notification displays the filename during appr 2 or 3 secs),
so if you missed the system tray notification you have no idea that there actually is a conflict with one of the files.

Besides that I have also noticed that since I receive the conflict warnings the blue arrow indicates that 5 files still have to be send,
but this never happens.
Maybe this is related to the conflicting files ?
But if so, then again how can I solve those conflicts ?

FYI: When files are added/modified in the same shared space the number of "files to be send" increases until the files are send to the server and then decreases again (to 5), so the synchronization of files is still working, but for some reason there are 5 files stuck in the queue.

Guy
santo

Re: conflicts + files stuck in queue

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 17 Mar 2009, 13:24

Hi Guy,

you can resolve the conflicts in several ways. In lower pane of the Fileview is the Versionview.
In this Versionview all versions of a file are shown. If you open the contextmenu on one of this
versions TD offers you some options of solving the conflict.
The conflicts have nothing in common with stucked transfers. This seems to be a problem in
the sync. What version of TD do you use? If it's a 2.1.x you can see the transferstate of every
file in the sidewindow and there are also some stateinformation if something went wrong.
If you have a 2.0.x version I need your logfiles to find out whats wrong.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby santo » 17 Mar 2009, 14:55

Hi Patrick,

I'm using v2.0.219 at the moment.
The "problem" is that I currently have appr 20.000 files in that sharedspace and that's just a beginning ;)
Given the fact that there are multiple conflicting files, burried deep into the directory structure of the sharedspace it will
be very frustrating having to browse to each file individually to open the context menu and solve the conflict.
But if I understand it correctly this is improved in v2.1 by adding such info to the side panel ?

Also for the files that are stuck in the queue it seems to be improved in v2.1 in that the transfer state is displayed for each file.

Therefore I might consider upgrading to v2.1 before sending logfiles or reporting any new bugs, but how stable is this beta of v2.1 ?
Of course I do understand that a beta never can be considered as stable (I do know because I'm a developer myself ;) ),
but if it's nearing release status it might be quite stable, hence my question.

regards,

Guy
santo

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 17 Mar 2009, 16:21

Hi Guy,

the latest 2.1 seems to be very stable. We made some improvements, e.g. you can doubleclick
in the history on a conflicted file and it will be shown in the filetreeview. In your case this should
make your work easier :)
I would recommend an update.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby guti » 05 May 2009, 17:22

The problem still exists in 2.1: Alert for conflicts and possibility to solve them is very poorly implemented.
It's hard to find the alert at all. Today is the first time I noticed one, so I looked in the history, just to find out that there very a few more during the last two weeks that went unnoticed. Whenever a conflict is detected, a popup should appear asking you which version you want to keep. Every other file synchronizing software I know is able to do that. A tray icon for two seconds is just not enough.
guti

Postby guti » 05 May 2009, 17:33

There is another problem with that: After having solved the conflict on one client, another client that synchronizes later still displayes the conflict message under "messages". This is irritating, because the conflict is already solved, and one you double click on the message you get to the file only to see that there is NO conflict.
guti

Return to User Interface - Benutzeroberfläche