What license do I need to buy?

Questions and information regarding licenses account management and the TeamDrive online shop - Fragen und Informationen zu Lizenzen, Accountverwaltung und zum TeamDrive Online-Shop

What license do I need to buy?

Postby mel- » 02 Aug 2013, 08:06

I share files with two employees right now (might be 3+ down the road)

we need between 2-3 gb right now

I need to pay for whatever licenses everyone needs

how do I do this and what do I need to buy for each of us?

I will be the main account and will be sharing the folders

they will be invited to share those folders and will be uploading into the shared folders (but all folders are shared from MY account only)

we will be exceeding the 2gb limit slightly.

thank you,

Melinda
mel-

Re: What license do I need to buy?

Postby Kenneth » 02 Aug 2013, 11:39

All users who sign up for a TeamDrive account receive 2 GB of storage in our cloud for free.

With a Free license the client-side sync limit it is 2 GB total. This means that no matter where the data is stored (on our server, WebDAV server or TeamDrive Personal Server) the client can only sync 2 GB of data.

If you are sure you need to sync more than 2 GB then it would probably be best if you purchased a Personal or Professional license. Here is a list of the functions provided by each license: http://www.teamdrive.com/feature_list.html

The minimum amount of Space available for purchase is 10 GB. If you will be making all of the Spaces you purchase this package: http://www.teamdrive.com/special_offer.html

Afterwards you could purchase an additional 2 licenses for your colleagues. If you do not need to use more than 2 GB of data then you could just use the client with the Free license.
Kenneth

Postby mel- » 02 Aug 2013, 12:10

so I would need to buy 3 personal licenses, right? and how would I go about buying a license for someone else?

also, I tried to go through checkout and entered my user id and password and it just kept throwing me into the home page.

I went into the teamdrive app, chose the forgotten password, received a temp password and then changed my password, went back to checkout and entered that and it still would not proceed
mel-

Postby mel- » 02 Aug 2013, 12:13

and I do need more than 2gb though not a whole lot. I currently need to share about 4GB
mel-

Postby Kenneth » 02 Aug 2013, 12:58

What is your TeamDrive username? You could buy the special offer which comes with 10 GB and then you could buy two additional licenses. The licenses are user-based. It doesn't matter who orders the licenses. What matters is who enters the licenses. Once you buy the licenses they are yours to administer. Whoever you give them to only has to enter the license key into their client. Again, licenses are user-based and each user can have multiple installations. The license key only needs to be entered once. When you receive your licenses there will be a number detailing how many users can enter the license key. If you are unable to make your purchase on the shop you can place an e-mail order with us and I can set everything up for you. We would just need your e-mail address, username, and a physical billing address.

I just searched for you in our system and it seems like you have an account setup to use the US servers. That's fine but the default settings in our shop for night are for users who are using EU servers. If you downloaded a TDUS client and created your account with that then your data is stored on a US server. You will have to place your order via e-mail.
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Online Shop - TeamDrive Online-Shop