Which License would suit my needs?

Questions and information regarding licenses account management and the TeamDrive online shop - Fragen und Informationen zu Lizenzen, Accountverwaltung und zum TeamDrive Online-Shop

Which License would suit my needs?

Postby wimmal » 17 Sep 2013, 12:37

Hello,

i want to use Team Drive in our Highschool Class to share Documents and other Data between the Students of our class.

We already installed Team Drive on our Computers and i invited all my collegues.

Everything worked fine, bu now it seems that the traffic limit is reached. So my Question is:

Is it enough when I buy a license (as Admin) so everyone can share Data again, our does everyone in our Class have to pay?

Maybe you could also tell me which type of License/Package would suit us best.

Thanks in Advance

Cheers,
Wimmal
wimmal

Re: Which License would suit my needs?

Postby Kenneth » 17 Sep 2013, 16:26

I just checked your account and your traffic limit looks fine. You've only used 4.3 GB out of 22.4 GB and you're doing pretty well on storage as well (1.4 GB of 2.2 GB used). Assuming that all of you are using clients with Free licenses you have a 2 GB client-side sync limit.

The client-side sync limit means that the client itself cannot sync more than 2 GB, no matter how much storage you have available or where it is. That means if you create a Space and store 1.4 GB in it and you classmate creates a Space and stores 1 GB in it, if you join that Space the total client-side sync is 2.4 GB which is above your client side limit.

If you buy a license the client-side sync limit is lifted for that user. Licenses are user specific so one user can have multiple installations. If you're in a group of 8 people and each person has created a Space that is 1 GB, everyone will not be able to join the Space because they will reach the client-side sync limit when joining.

How much data, total, are you all trying to sync?
Kenneth

Postby wimmal » 17 Sep 2013, 17:54

HI Kenneth,

I just checked the Folders. All together there aren´t more than 1GB Data. I deleted some files locally, but i´m not able do delete it in the Trashbin.

At the moment i can´t do anything (nvite users, change/delete data and do on)

Could it be that one of my collegues tried to upload something big and now we have to much Data?

When i invited my collegues none of them had Team Drive installed. So they joined my Space immedialy after registering. So i don´t think that the Problem is that anybody has to much Data in his folder.

Cheers,

Michi
wimmal

Postby Kenneth » 18 Sep 2013, 13:27

If you make updates or changes please let me know because right now your storage depot says otherwise. As of now you've only used 56 MB so I guess you were able to empty the trash can. As long as your client-side sync remains under 2 GB then you are fine.
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Online Shop - TeamDrive Online-Shop