Conflicts? Docs?

Conflicts? Docs?

Postby marksibly » 11 Sep 2015, 01:09

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the conflicts system.

I'm not sure why I'm getting them in the first place, since I'm the only one using teamdrive, but they seem to happen quite frequently after restarting a machine that has been left off for a while, eg: a few days.

Anyway, what's the process for 'resolving' conflicts? What actually happens when I select 'resolve conflict'? Does stuff continue to sync even when there is a conflict? It seems to...

Also, are there any docs for teamdrive? I recently bought a license and received this link...

http://www.teamdrive.com/handbooks_and_tutorials.html

...but that just takes me to the home page!

Bye,
Mark
marksibly

Re: Conflicts? Docs?

Postby Kenneth » 11 Sep 2015, 09:28

It seems like you may have changed files on the system and the files never had the chance to be uploaded. It is then possible that a conflict can be created if you make changes to the same file from another location, also using the same parent version of the file.

I assume you have version conflicts and not name conflicts. Version conflicts must be resolved directly via the version tree.

The link you received is possibly and old link. Here is a link to the manual.

https://www.teamdrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/TeamDrive4-Complete-Manual-EN.pdf

Information about conflicts and errors can be found in chapter 6 (page 36)
Kenneth

Postby marksibly » 12 Sep 2015, 22:15

Hi,

Thanks for that - appear to have all my conflicts sorted now.

However, I found I couldn't resolve conflicts from within the 'space' browser, clicking on 'i'->'resolve conflict' did nothing. I had to go into the filesystem, right click on the conflicted file and use the 'show info' from there - which looked like it took me to the same info page, only it worked.

Also, it'd be nice if there was a clearer indication of when there are conflicts - there were more than I realized, but there doesn't seem to be any indication when you startup or cause a conflict that anything's wrong.

Bye,
Mark
marksibly

Postby Kenneth » 14 Sep 2015, 11:40

Thanks for your feedback and feature request. I'll be sure to pass that along.

I am also not sure why the resolve conflict option did not initially work. I will check that as well. Please also try updating to the latest version of TeamDrive. Version 4.1.0 was recently released.
Kenneth

Return to General Info, Support and Knowledge Base - Allegemeine Informationen, Support und Wissensdatenbank