Download of published file too small (broken file)

Use this forum to report bugs you find - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Fehler zu melden, die Sie finden

Download of published file too small (broken file)

Postby kai » 07 Mar 2017, 14:38

hi there,
i uploaded (several times now) a 188mb file successfully as it seems to my teamdrive space.
i make that file public and copy the download link.
but when i use the link the file is only 10 or 40 or 30mb small and broken. each time i try it with a new uploaded file the size changes thats why i wrote 10 or 40 or 30...
any idea what is going on?
thanks a lot! kai
kai

Re: Download of published file too small (broken file)

Postby Kenneth » 08 Mar 2017, 13:07

It could be a case where a proxy is removing the header when the file is being uploaded. Try zipping the file first and then uploading the zipped file. Or, try publishing the file using a different internet connection
Kenneth

Postby kai » 08 Mar 2017, 18:02

thanks a lot! but the file is a zip file. it also uploaded completely (i waited for the upload bar of teamviewer.app to finish).
meanwhile the file seem to load fine. but i had to wait about 1 hour for that to happen! shouldn't it work right after the successful upload?
kai

Postby Kenneth » 10 Mar 2017, 12:29

Not necessarily. The file is in a compressed and encrypted state on the server. When a file is published the encryption for the version, which is published, is removed and the file is no longer compressed. This file is then uploaded to allow access to it via the published link. Published files also occupy space on the server. In other words, there will be the original, encrypted and compressed, version on the server as well as the non-encrypted and non-compressed published version on the server.
Kenneth

Postby kai » 12 Mar 2017, 15:39

hi kenneth, thanks for explaining! do i understand that correctly? because of the en- and decryption process it can take a while (30-60min in my case) for the file being completely available after publishing it? thanks again! kai
kai

Postby Kenneth » 13 Mar 2017, 10:44

The time it takes to publish the file is relative to the size of the file, the internet connection speed and if you have enough free storage on your depot to actually publish the file.
Kenneth

Postby kai » 22 Mar 2017, 20:40

well, then it should have been instantaneously as i expected it to be... ;)
kai

Return to Bug Reports - Fehler Melden