How to: Invite friends to use TeamDrive?

Practical instruction and advice on how to take advantage of TeamDrive's features - Praktische Anleitung und Ratschläge zur Nutzung der Vorteile von TeamDrive.

How to: Invite friends to use TeamDrive?

Postby FlatEric999 » 02 Jan 2018, 19:37

Hi,
I've just set up TeamDrive for my personal (non-commercial) use; I'm very impressed with it's features and would like to recommend it to friends and family. In the marketing material on your website it highlights that referring TeamDrive to friends / family can earn you extra storage space (250MB for each person signed up?).

Unfortunately, I can't find any information about how to refer TeamDrive to others (I can't find anything within the Desktop Client, in the FAQ section of the website or in the forums). Please can you confirm the process to be followed?

Many thanks :)
FlatEric999

Re: How to: Invite friends to use TeamDrive?

Postby Kenneth » 03 Jan 2018, 11:29

You simply need to invite non-existing users to join your Space. Then users then need to register using the same email address you used to invite them. Information regarding sharing data is described here: https://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3037
Kenneth

Postby FlatEric999 » 03 Jan 2018, 16:09

Hi Kenneth,
thanks for the quick response.

I hadn't wanted to share My Space and the files on it with anyone (private data), so hadn't considered the process described in your link. I guess I'll just have to create another Space with non-private data in it and use that as my 'referal bait' when inviting family and friends :lol:

Many thanks and Happy New Year :D
FlatEric999

Postby Kenneth » 04 Jan 2018, 10:35

Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well!
Kenneth

Return to How-tos - Kurze Anleitungen