same space, different info

same space, different info

Postby shugyosha » 20 Jan 2018, 12:43

A while ago I set up a space to synchronize a local (offline) folder between two computers using the same user ID on both. Everything worked fine.
For some weeks now, synchronization with the cloud still works for each computer, but not between the local folders.
When I check the space info, the space ID is the same on both machines, but the number of files, the trash status etc are different.
How come?
How do I solve this?
shugyosha

Re: same space, different info

Postby Kenneth » 25 Jan 2018, 11:22

It sounds like you may have created two Spaces with the same name. You may have logged in with the same username but if you create a Space on one machine and then create a Space, with the same name, on another machine, those are two different Spaces. On the server, Spaces are identified using their ID number and not names. It sounds like you are using two different Spaces.

Please check the ID numbers of your Spaces. You can do so by clicking on "active Spaces" in your TeamDrive client, go to the info page of your Space and then clicking on "server". There you should see the ID number.
Kenneth

Postby shugyosha » 25 Jan 2018, 11:36

Hi, Kenneth,
as stated above, the ID is still the same. It worked for a while, and stopped some weeks ago.
shugyosha

Postby Kenneth » 25 Jan 2018, 12:10

Hi Shugyosha,

Above it was stated that the user ID was the same but not the Space IDs. These are two different things and that is why I mentioned the information regarding the Space ID numbers. But if you have already confirmed that the Space ID numbers are the same, it would be better if you updated your client to the latest version and sent us your log files. In the description area you can just make reference to this thread using a link.
Kenneth

Postby shugyosha » 29 Jan 2018, 12:07

Sorry, I was misreading my own post...
I updated to 4.5.5 and sent the support data with the link to this topic. BTW: the offending space is "Projekte".
shugyosha

Postby Kenneth » 29 Jan 2018, 13:01

Okay. Thank you. I've already responded to your support ticket.
Kenneth

Postby shugyosha » 29 Jan 2018, 17:23

Thank You for the response.
Deactivating and reactivating offline availability did it finally. Left some conflicts to check, though...
shugyosha

Return to General Info, Support and Knowledge Base - Allegemeine Informationen, Support und Wissensdatenbank